Town of Upper Marlboro 2021 Deck the Halls Holiday Decorating Contest
The Town of Upper Marlboro is proud to present the first annual Deck the Halls Holiday Decorating Contest for both residential properties and our businesses! Judging will be done by our Board of Town Commissioners on Friday December 17th, 2021, between 6 and 8pm.
- Contest is open to residential and commercial addresses within the Town of Upper Marlboro limits only. There is no nomination form, just decorate and wait! Not sure if your property is within the Town limits? Check Here
- Prizes will be awarded for the top two residential properties and top two businesses.
- Decorations must be visible from the street as judges may not exit vehicles to view decorations.
- Winning properties will be announced on Tuesday, December 21st, 2021.
- Photos of winning homes & businesses will be posted on the Town’s website, social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), Landing’s newsletter, and possibly other Town media.
- Winning properties will be awarded gift cards (amounts listed below) and an award yard sign.
AWARD CATEGORIES & PRIZES
- 1St Place Business $300.00 (Visa gift card)
- 2nd Place Business $100.00 (Visa gift card)
- Honorable Mention
- 1st Place Residential $125.00 (in local business gift cards and/or Visa gift card)
- 2nd Place Residential $100.00 (in local business gift cards and/or Visa gift card)
- 3rd Place Residential $75.00 (in local business gift cards and/or Visa gift card)
- Honorable Mention
- Top Decorated Government Building (Library, Darnall’s Chance House Museum, Post Office, Courthouse, Fire Station Etc.)
Please reach out to Town Hall with any questions or concerns at 301-627-6905 or by email at Info@UpperMarlboroMD.gov. Happy Decorating!
A note to the businesses:
For the residential property awards, the Town would like to purchase gift cards from Town businesses as the prize. If your business sells gift cards, please let us know by emailing info@UpperMarlboroMD.gov or call Town Offices at 301-627-6905 ex1107. Gift card donations or “matching” amounts are also welcome!