Enter Search Terms   

Rental Properties

The Town of Upper Marlboro requires all rental properties within Town limits are properly registered and permitted though Prince George's County. As the Town discovered rental properties a notice is mailed to the owner with instructions on how to apply for a County permit. If the owner fails to submit an application to the County after 30 days, the property is reported to the County’s Permitting Department for a violation notice.

Properties Exempt from Rental Licensing:

-If the tenant is the landlord's parent, son, daughter, sibling, grandchild, grandparent or in-law

-If the landlord is an active member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces, Diplomatic Corps or Foreign Service, who maintains the subject property for his/her domicile and permanent residence.

-If the landlord has been relocated for employment or education, maintains the subject property as his/her domicile and permanent residence, and the subject property has not been leased for more than two (2) consecutive years.

-If a rental property is located where there is a Condominium Association, Cooperative Housing Corporation or Homeowners’ Association, certification must be provided from the appropriate entity that the dwelling unit does not have a lien for non-payment or Common Ownership fees and the dwelling unit does not violate any existing covenants or bylaws.

More Information

Please apply for an Online Single Family Rental License.  https://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/1227/Single-Family-Rental-Licensing