The Govonor enacted an executive order which will require the wearing of masks or face coverings when inside any retail establishments, including grocery stores, pharmacies, and convenience stores, or when riding any form of public transportation in Maryland. It also requires all essential retail locations to require their staff to wear face coverings.
County Coronavirus Hotline
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Prince George’s County Health Department Coronavirus hotline at (301)883-6627 from 8:00am - 8:00pm to receive updated information about the coronavirus disease. *Please contact 911 for medical emergencies only. Do not contact 911 for Coronavirus related issues.
Actions Taken by the Town of Upper Marlboro:
In addition to partnering with the County's Health Department and following CDC guidelines, The Town of Upper Marlboro has taken the below measures to help safeguard the residents, visitors, and staff of the Town.
- President/Mayor Linda Pennoyer declared a Local State of Emergency for the Town effective through July 15th, 2020.
- Town Offices will be closed to physical visitors through July 15th, 2020. All Town business will be handled over the phone or by email during regular office hours to reduce the risk of infection. No notarial services can be offered at Town Hall during this time period.
- Town Staff teleworking and taking shifts to cover Town Hall and phones. However, the usual refuse collection schedule and routine police patrols will not be affected.
- All Town Committee meetings are canceled through July 15th, 2020. Teleconference lines can be provided to the committees as an alternative way to meet if they wish.
- Town Hall conference room rentals will be canceled through July 15th, 2020. Any reservations scheduled during this timeframe will be given the option to reschedule or be refunded.
Town Contact Information:
Police Assistance: 301-352-1200 (24/7)
Town Staff Phone: 301-627-6905 (M-F 9-5pm)
Upper Marlboro Area Government Building & Agency Status:
| Upper Marlboro Town Hall
|Staff teleworking. Police & Public Works on duty. Contact info above
| Upper Marlboro Courthouse
|Phased re-opening Click HERE for Info
|Clerk of the Court
|CLOSED to the public, including marriage licenses and notary certification services. For assistance call:301-952-3318
| Board of Education
| Animal Control/Shelter
|Animal Services Facility and Adoption Center will be closed until further notice.
|County Council & Admin Building
|The County Council will be conduction online meetings that can be watched live HERE
| County Planning Department
|Planning Board meeting has been canceled. Check out their website for updates HERE
|Court Commissioner's Office
|24/7 ops continue at the Upper Marlboro Regional Booking Facility 13400 Dille Drive Upper Marlboro, MD 20772 Phone: 301-952-507
|Upper Marlboro Library
|The Library system is currently closed until further notice. All programs, outreach, meeting room use, and passport services are suspended. All fines incurred during the closure will be waived. Book drops are closed.
|Show Place Arena, Community Center, and Darnell's Chance House Museum
| Indoor facilities closed to the public and events and programs canceled. Trails and Parks open, however, observe social distancing.
Below are live twitter handles for the State & County Health Depts, and the Town for up-to-date information: