Sustainable Communities Workgroup
Building Improvement Program Information
Building Improvement Program Application
The Town of Upper Marlboro formed a work group to implement the Town’s Sustainable Communities Action Plan. The Sustainable Communities Workgroup (SCWG) is made up of Town residents, Town elected officials, business & property owners, and various County & State agency personnel.
Some of the projects that the SCWG will be addressing in upcoming meetings are:
• Assessing Residents and Business Owner’s needs.
• Organizing a Downtown Business group
• Continuing implementation of the Facade Improvement program.
• Improving Town signage and developing Town branding.
• Improving sidewalks, pedestrian trails, and roads throughout Town.
For more information about the State’s Sustainable Communities initiative, visit: http://mmp.maryland.gov/Pages/Sustainable-Communities.aspx.
If you are interested in serving on the Town’s Sustainable Communities Workgroup, please call the Town at 301-627-6905.
Meetings of the SCWG are held the 4th Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM. Meeting agenda and link will be provided here for upcoming meetings. Stay tuned.
Sustainable Communities Chair: Evelyn Stephens