Weekend Snow Event
SNOW PREPARATION: The Town of Upper Marlboro is monitoring the winter storm anticipated to drop between 1-3 inches of snow in the #Upper Marlboro area. The Town's Public Works has several plow & salt truck crews standing by for this snowfall event. Below are some tips residents can follow to stay safe and prepared for this snowfall:
-Park off the street to allow plows to clear the roadways curb to curb.
-Avoid driving on roadways until all roads are cleared.
-Avoid placing trash at curb until Monday morning to ensure bins do not interfere with plow operations.
-Sign up for the Town's Emergency Alerts to stay updated on Town operations: http://uppermarlboromd.gov/enotify/index.php
Detailed Weather Forecast for Upper Marlboro:
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 29. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Snow, mainly before 11am. High near 36. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A slight chance of snow before 8am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 8am and 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Updated 1/11/19 4pm. More info: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.822567700000036&lon=-76.76137629999994#.XDYJGVVKiUk