Public Comment- Town Business License Program
Proposed changed include:
• Changing it from a 1-year Licenses to 2-year licenses (to reduce staff workload of processing license every year)
• Updated fee schedule (to be set by a separate Resolution)
o Regular Business: $300.00 (for a 2-year license or $150 per year)
o Home-Based Business: $25.00
• Inclusion of home-based businesses into the program (as long as they meet State & County requirements)
• Removal of the Liquor Fee to help streamline the process.
• Removal of the lottery fee (deemed to be non-compliant with State law)
• Authorizes the Town Administrator and Director of Finance to utilize a web-based system to manage this program.
Proposed Ordinance Timeline:
Board Discussion: Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021 Regular Worksession
Introduction & Public Comment: Tuesday, April 13th, 2021, Regular Town Meeting
Board Discussion: Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 Regular Worksession
Public Comment & Board Approval: Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 Regular Town Meeting
Effective Date: Monday, June 1st, 2021
Read the Full Ordinance HERE
Read the Fee Resolution HERE
How to submit Public Comment:
- Email Comments to Info@UpperMarlboroMD.gov
- Mail comments to 14211 School Lane Upper Marlboro MD 20772
- Attend the Tuesday, April 13th Regular Town Meeting (via Zoom) to provide in-person comments.
Questions or concerns? Email Info@UpperMarlboroMD.gov or call 301-627-6905