Sustainable Communities Workgroup
The Town of Upper Marlboro formed a work group to implement the Town’s Sustainable Communities Action Plan. The Sustainable Communities Workgroup (SCW) is made up of Town residents, Town elected officials, business & property owners, and various County & State agency personnel.
Some of the projects that the SCW will be addressing in upcoming meetings are:
• Assessing Residents and Business Owner’s needs.
• Organizing a Downtown Business group
• Continuing implementation of the Facade Improvement program.
• Improving Town signage and developing Town branding.
• Improving sidewalks, pedestrian trails, and roads throughout Town.
For more information about the State’s Sustainable Communities initiative, visit: http://mmp.maryland.gov/Pages/Sustainable-Communities.aspx.
If you are interested in serving on the Town’s Sustainable Communities Workgroup, please call the Town at 301-627-6905.
Sustainable Communities Chair: Evelyn Stephens